Start a new topic

Double the memory of your Pi-Top

A recent contribution on You Tube demonstrates how to double the memory and the swap space on your favourite Pi-Top, together with a couple of useful other report and utility routines they turn any RPi or Pi-Top into a useful piece of kit? I will share this link with anybody who asks. I was pleasantly surprised as I only needed to copy and paste from the article to my terminal to install and run and to add a few lines of text to a configuration file to install these useful ideas at reboot. A simple and well informed demonstration.

2 people have this question

I'll bite. YT URL?  Thx.

Hi Steve, first just log on to You Tube, do you have an account? Search for Novaspirit Tech

This guy is amazing, he's got so much on the RPi you'll be busy for weeks!

Look under his Videos tab and just look down the list as the list grows from the top! You'll see "Double your RAM" for the Raspberry Pi.

It truly works but unless I've done something wrong, my memory slowly fills up with something. So I've got a bit more research to do. I reset my RPi about x2-3 times per day to keep the memory in check. It dos not take too long to restart a RPI with sudo reboot. The Amazon echo looks really cool to have around the house especially if the speakers etc are hidden from view!

Good Luck!

Once you subscribe to his account, its much quicker and easier to keep referring to the new stuff etc. But you need to create an account with Google (1 account 1 sign in) to get the best out of all of this. I thought Raspbian came with Chrome already installed so it couldn't be easier.

I hope this helps?

Login or Signup to post a comment