Start a new topic

Crafting Copper Wire in CEED Universe

The new Polaris OS finally has CEED Universe quite playable! I made it all the way to where I have to craft a copper wire. I just do not understand what I need to do here. I put in the code based on the "hints" given by clicking on each icon, but all I can get is "PYTHON ERROR!" every time I click on CRAFT.

Here is my code:

mix.add_ingredient("Copper")
mix.add_heat()
mix.add_pressure()

I tried adding numbers in the parentheses of the heat and pressure, but it doesn't matter. I still get the python error. This is one of those times where you need "the answer in the back of the book" so i can see what it is you expect me to have here, and figure out why. You should have started out with a completed example for this CRAFTING section, so we can see what to do.

There is a square icon labeled "Learn to Craft" in the upper LH corner of the crafting window. The first time I clicked on it, nothing happened, so I assumed it was just a label describing the fact that crafting is a learning experience. However, I tried clicking it again, and THIS time it opened a helpful guide to crafting code. Eventually through trial and error I learned that, since the process starts out with the necessary heat and pressure already, all I needed was the following code:

for i in range (5):

This did not work until I remembered that I need to indent certain lines in Python code, (the second line, in the above case) which is probably why I had been getting the error, although I had not used any "for" loop initially, so I don't see why having the "mix" commands all without indentation would cause the python error.

1 person likes this
First you don't add any heat or pressure just do copper. Second the second code you showed should be: for i in range(5): There is no space between range and (5)

1 person likes this

Thanks for the help. It was a little shock doing this challenge, we went from moving drones to full on Python. I finally realised that you need to def main(): then run it and make sure the indents are correct. Also the code doesn't always work the first time even if it is correct. I also did a sudo get apt-update to ensure I had the latest version of universe. We're finally getting there.

Login or Signup to post a comment