Start a new topic

Pi-Top Polaris running successfully

Dear Pi-Top users,

I wanted to let you know that I am hugely impressed by the new Pi-Top OS, Polaris.

I had pretty much given up on the Pi-Top OS last year when nothing seemed to work, but when I read the email from Pi-Top about Polaris, I thought I would give it another shot. I loaded it onto a new SD card and now EVERYTHING works. 

For the first time, I can access my account, all of the keyboard hotkeys work (e.g. F8 to F12, as well as the next three adjacent to them on the right), and the Proto and Speaker shields work out of the box. The battery status works and the sound quality is great for such a small speaker. The toggle between the Pi desktop and the Pi-Top version works smoothly and I have even used the Coder. It is amazing and as a teacher, I hope to introduce it to my Library makerspace soon.

I know many of us have had a bumpy ride with our Pi-Tops over the past year, but Pi-Top really seem to have persevered and come up with a really worthy update to the product.

Hope you are enjoying yours,

Regards,

Stuart

1 person likes this idea
1 Comment

Just installed pi-top os, and everything is working as expected. But my CPU get very hot.

Anyone have the same problem?

Regards
Ole

Login or Signup to post a comment