Start a new topic

Keyboard questions

It is difficult to find adequate documentation of the Pi--Top, and the keyboard is unusual in that it has no Home, End, Page Up or Page Down keys. How can these functions be achieved?

Also what it the purpose and function of the keys labelled P1 - P7?

Hi Tim, You'll find you can use the "Fn" key (lower left corner of the board) together with the arrow keys to get Home, End, PgUp and PgDn keys. Not sure of keys P1-P7 but I suspect they are Pi-Top specific. Maybe programmable.

Ian,

Many thanks for that. Yes, it makes navigation much easier.

Tim

Hi, I hope that I used the right  thread. After an dist-upgrade. I have lost, the ability to use the function keys, and to shotdown from the start menu (only the cli command works). Do you have any idea to solve this!

Thanks!
If you have done a dist-upgrade in pi-topOS, many things will not work properly anymore for a number of reasons. dist-upgrade loads the packages which are held back by a normal upgrade, because they are not compatible with what is installed. You need to download a fresh copy of pi-topOS and start from scratch. The reason why the function keys do not work anymore is that /home/pi/.config/openbox/lxde-pi-rc.xml has been overwritten.
Login or Signup to post a comment