Start a new topic

Battery Issue

I recently received a replacement base in the mail as the first base I received had a faulty hinge. The hinge on the new base was fine and I was able to assemble the Pi-Top without too many issues.

After assembling the Pi-Top, I began to use it with the charger plugged in. Everything seemed to work perfectly until I removed the charger. Removing the charger immediately shut down the system (presumably because the batteries had not been charging) and I have been unable to boot without having the charger connected. In short, the Pi-Top in its current state must remain plugged in for it to be used.

A slowly pulsating green light below the power button is visible when the system is turned off and the charger is connected, but the battery would seem not to be charging at all. Whether or not this is due to the battery still being in sleep mode/factory mode I am unsure.

I can confirm that the hub is connected to the battery pack.

I have tried booting with a Raspberry Pi 2 B+ running the Pi-Top OS, as well as a Raspberry Pi 2 B+ running Raspbian and an Odroid running Ubuntu, but the problem persists.

If anybody has experienced a similar problem or has any suggestions, their help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

If you want help you can go to github.com/rricharz/pi-top-battery-status and scroll to the bottom of the page. You will find the link to the step-by-step procedure on how to diagnose and solve battery problems under the heading "What to do if you have problems with your battery".

My second new battery has just failed after less than a month :-(

Login or Signup to post a comment