Start a new topic

Raspbian Stretch power settings after pt-speaker install

I have been trying to get my screen to stay on and had it working until I installed pt-speaker. Does the package install change some power setting during install. I disabled some dpms settings but there seems to be something else.

Funny part is I can ssh into the Pi and run brightness 10 and it holds the setting and keeps the screen on....until next reboot.

1 Comment

Hi Jeff,

Yes, the latest pt-speaker package installs and makes use of the pi-top device manager, which handles all the pi-top hardware and accessories. Documentation is at github.com/pi-top. On pi-topOS, you do not have to install anything, so I assume that you are using Raspbian and my software at github.com/rricharz/pi-top-install.

While the stuff at pi-top-install still works, it should not be used anymore together with the device manager and has been deprecated. Look at github.com/rricharz/pi-top-setup to see how one should now use Raspbian.

To be on the safe side, I would burn a new SD card, update to the latest version, enable ssh and then install just pt-speaker. Do you get the problem? If yes, look at the bottom of the description in Device Management on the pi-top github page (link above) and use journalctl as described there to see whether you get a relevant error message. Or you can even stop the device manager and start it in a console window (if you want even with more elaborate messages). If you want, you can post any relevant output (as attachments) here and I will help you to find your problem. I am very interested to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks, Rene

Login or Signup to post a comment