Start a new topic

Changing the mircoSD out

What I would like to do is change out the mircoSD card with a 16GB mircoSD card, because having only 1.2GB free just seems to be very small to me. But maybe that is all I really need, is it? Or would it just be easier to just get a USB stick? What is the largest size will pi-top recognize?

I thought about using copy and paste unto a larger microSD and see if that would work. I would like to keep pi-top OS

I thought about using copy and paste unto a larger microSD and see if that would work. I would like to keep pi-top OS

I thought about using copy and paste unto a larger SDmirco and see if that would work. I would like to keep pi-top OS

I thought about using copy and paste unto a larger SDmirco and see if that would work. I would like to keep pi-top OS

I was able to use a 64GB SD card.  I think 64GB is limited by the Pi.  I downloaded the software and tried several times to make a start up disk by using etcher.io, but was getting errors. I think it was with the etcher software, not the downloaded software.  I am using Ubuntu 17.10 and think this will work for other flavors of Ubuntu.  I extracted the zip file to "2017-10-13-pi-topOS.img" .  Double click on the .img file to get a dialog window for Restore Disk Image.  Choose the SD Card  in the Destination field.  When that completed, I just inserted into the Pi  and booted normally,  I just did that a few hours ago, and only tested a few things but it seems to have worked.  

BTW, I tried to load Ubuntu Mate using the PiTop and that also seemed to work.  

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment