Start a new topic
Solved

Pi-Top V2 screen randomly turns off

I used my new Pi-Tops with a class for the first time today, however there was an issue where one Pi-Top's screen would randomly turn off, every now and then. When I hold the power button and wait for all LEDs to turn off, and press power again, the screen will turn on again.

Any ideas what could be the issue??

1 person has this problem

Again, today in another lesson, the same Pi-Top screen keeps turning on and off. I think might be the cable connecting the screen to the base. ANy ideas of what I can do?

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for getting in contact with us.

Could you please get in direct contact with us by emailing support@pi-top.com.

After you email us we will do everything we can to provide you with a response with 24 hours Stuart.

Thank you.

The heat-sink of Raspberry Pi Board of my pi-topCEED found overheating and finally screen blanked. I replaced the RaspberryPi Board with an older version available. Now the PC mode works perfectly, but pitopCODER application does not run. 

My pi-top V2 keeps going blank as well. Makes it very unproductive! It's like there's a short somewhere. Also it's a V2 but there's an upside down "V1" sticker on the screen. Any ideas why this is happening. Don't think it's overheating as it happens even within first 5 mins of use for the day.

I narrowed the problem with mine down to static.  When I am on my couch and I pull my pi-top V2 towards me on the couch the screen will go blank.  Every time.  Now that I know what causes it I can avoid it from happening but it's a real bummer that the device is so fragile.  I hope a solution can be found.  Static resistant washers or something?

Login or Signup to post a comment