Start a new topic

Pi-top screen turns off when I slide the keyboard open.

Not sure why it's happening.  If I open the keyboard the screen goes to sleep and wakes again when I close the keyboard.  This prevents me from using the breadboard and components.  

I have the same problem. I don‘t know the reason. Seems to be a bad contact somewhere.

I also have this problem as well as when i shut down the Pi Top it doesn't power the screen down.

It started happening after the last big dist update. I might re image and see if that fixes it

Re imaged and the hub now powers off. However it still turns the display off when i slide the keyboard open and turns it back on when i slide it closed. 

Anyone got any thoughts on this??

I had the same problem. I contacted support and they advised me as follows: 

"the sensor above the speaker and the magnet in the speaker is causing it to think that the lid is closed. When connecting the add-ons, if you connect the protoboard then the speaker this solve the issue however if the speaker is the first add-on then the issue will still happen."

As it happens, I had two speakers and a protoboard in my Pi-Top, and just swapping the positions of the speakers was enough to fix the problem.

Hope that helps.

Login or Signup to post a comment