Start a new topic

Completed/Solved CEEDUniverse

After using the workaround to fix the Al-Air battery problem I described in another post here, I was able to successfully complete the game. The final screen/message says that more was planned to be added to it. I don’t know if that is still in the works or not, but I finished what was available. 

How did you solve the integer problems in the desert ruins? So stuck.
I don’t recall the problem you are mentioning. Could you give me more details to jog the memory? It’s been awhile since I looked at it.
Thanks for the response! It's right after Peat helps repair the ship. We're in the Desert Ruins building trying to gain access to the building by using integer values to manipulate the keys. I don't know how to approach it. Everything I put into the output screen has no effect. The same problems are in the arcade version of the game and I still can't figure it out.
I do remember having some issues with where I put the code fragments. It seemed like I recall adding a function in the main code box to do the work and called it from the other to run it. I remember having to experiment with where I put the code to get it to actually run it. I am away from my pi-top at the moment, but can look at the specific area you are talking about tomorrow.
Could you post a screenshot of where you are in the Desert Ruins level that has the lock mechanism you are stuck at? Thanks.
Absolutely. I've attached the pics of where we are stuck. I don't even know where to begin. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
For the first puzzle you had a pic of: Click in the top box and change the number from a 6 to a 5 and then click the run button. It will execute the green python code, and since the if condition test evaluated to true, it will execute the indented code block to move the key up. I had to press the run button a couple of times to make it work. For the second lock on the same machine, you have to set the ‘an_integer’ variable to a number greater than 10 and press run. Once you solve both locks, the bridge will complete and you can cross it. These puzzles and many of the ones that follow require you to use some introductory python code to solve them. It is one of the cool things about this game is that it teaches you basic python as you play 
Thank you very much! My daughter and I are learning it together. What a fantastic platform.

1 person likes this
That’s awesome that you and your daughter are learning together! Just a word of caution -the game does have a number of bugs and occasionally crashes. I made another post in the ceed universe form detailing how to back up your save game Incase it gets corrupted. I’d recommend doing that. I also had to edit the pitop’S /boot/confit.txt file and change the gpu memory setting from 256 to 320 to keep the game from crashing at a later point. Make sure there is not a # at the beginning of the line after you change it to 320. After saving the file, reboot the machine once for the change to take effect.
Sorry about the typo-previous post was supposed to say the file to change was /boot/config.txt
Login or Signup to post a comment