Start a new topic

How to activate microphone on Pi-top pulse

The pi-top Pulse has a microphone and speaker and I would like to use them for other programs like audacity for recording and playback. Is it possible?

I´ve tried playback and it works, but not for recording. When I type ´arecord -l´ in a terminal nothing turns up in the list of CAPTURE hardware devices

AFAIK, there is no microphone included with the RPi. You must add one via USB for example and add the necessary driver, usually before connecting the microphone. In this way when you plug in a 'non-standard' USB device the necessary driver or software support for its hardware is then activated and your recording function should then allow you to choose it from the normal drop-down list of sources to add to track and mix to your final output. You may find that plugging in a microphone to USB even with the correct driver/software in place may require a restart of your recording software before it can 'see' your new input device. You may find out by trial and error. I did.

I hope this helps...

the pi-top pulse IS the microphone and speaker. Alexa Service works. But right now it seems only using the dashboard.

Login or Signup to post a comment