Start a new topic

Using standard Raspbian Jessie on pi-top

I have written a python script to set the screen brightness of the pi-top on standard Raspbian. It is based on the concepts and some code snippets of pi-topOS (thanks to the programmers at pi-top!), but works without any pi-top software. A link to the github repository is attached. Your feedback is welcome. It can be used with the latest and greatest Raspbian.

A link to the repository is attached.

txt
(42 Bytes)

1 person has this question

Hi im having trouble getting Kano os to work on the pi top has anyone managed to pull this off as i cant get sound working through the hdmi to save my life.... any help would be greatly appreciated..

Hi Ryan, A fully working Kano OS with sound on the pi-top would definitely be a very nice addition, but there are currently a few roadblocks which cannot be overcome easily. What pi-top and what speaker are you using? The pi-topSPEAKER rev 2 and the pi-topPULSE using the latest pi-top device management software require a later kernel revision as the one the latest Kano beta image can support. Therefore, no chance to use these or the new pi-top laptop at present to get sound on Kano OS. We have to wait until Kano OS is updated to a newer kernel. It might be possible to use the pi-topSPEAKER rev 1 on the pi-top laptop or the pi-topCEED, using a deprecated pi-top driver. If you are interested in that, I could probably get that to work and document it, but only in a few days.

1 person likes this

Hi Rene thanks for getting back to me i have the older pi top and 2 of the mk1 speakers i have it them both mounted either side of the pi top PROTO dont know if that would be causing issues or headaches when it come to getting it working i have them set to left and the to right be great if i could get them to work with kano as its for my daughter who ahs a presentation planned out to show kids in her class how to use raspberry pi and kano as she loves them, i got her the pi top for her 9th birthday but have struggled to get it running smoothly any help or advice would greatly appreciated :)

ive managed to force sound to hdmi via raspi-config and it shows as hdmi in the setting in kano but still no audio ?

Hi Ryan, I think I will be able to get it to work in a day or two on the original pi-top. Let‘s hope for the best. I have 5 granddaughters who would also like to use Kano OS. Let‘s hope for the best. I will post my findings here.
Thank you Rene you are a superstar :)

Hi Ryan,

I got Kano OS to work on the original pi-top and the pi-topCEED using a pt-SPEAKER. For details, see

github.com/rricharz/Kano-on-pi-top

Login or Signup to post a comment